Orient keeper Brown puts lip-reading skills to good effect
On loan stopper saves injury time penalty as O’s draw
ORIENT’S goalkeeper Jason Brown admitted he had Peterborough’s George Boyd to thank for the last minute penalty save that secured a draw.
As the game moved into injury time, Aaron Brown conceded a penalty for a foul on Lee Tomlin.
But when Jason Brown was asked whether he just guessed, he admitted he owed the save to Boyd and his own lip-reading skills.
“Their left winger said to him (Mclean) it’s the last minute, just smash it straight down the middle,” said the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
“I lip read it, so when he does that I think I owe him one to say thank you.”
Brown was left disappointed with his own performance after playing a big part in both of Posh’s goals.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
He conceded the dubious first penalty for a foul on Boyd and slipping at a crucial moment allowing McLean to finish the second.
But, the on-loan stopper has vowed to improve, should Russell Slade continue to select him ahead of Lee Butcher.
“I let myself down, the boys down and the manager down tonight,” he confessed.
“But if I’m selected for the next game I intend to repay them,” he said.
“It was a poor performance from me, it was very unprofessional.
“The boys helped me out with the goals, so it was the least I could do to make that penalty save at the end.
“It was one of those nights for me and I think the late penalty summed it up.”