Orient keeper Brown puts lip-reading skills to good effect
On loan stopper saves injury time penalty as O’s draw
ORIENT’S goalkeeper Jason Brown admitted he had Peterborough’s George Boyd to thank for the last minute penalty save that secured a draw.
As the game moved into injury time, Aaron Brown conceded a penalty for a foul on Lee Tomlin.
But when Jason Brown was asked whether he just guessed, he admitted he owed the save to Boyd and his own lip-reading skills.
“Their left winger said to him (Mclean) it’s the last minute, just smash it straight down the middle,” said the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
“I lip read it, so when he does that I think I owe him one to say thank you.”
Brown was left disappointed with his own performance after playing a big part in both of Posh’s goals.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer
He conceded the dubious first penalty for a foul on Boyd and slipping at a crucial moment allowing McLean to finish the second.
But, the on-loan stopper has vowed to improve, should Russell Slade continue to select him ahead of Lee Butcher.
“I let myself down, the boys down and the manager down tonight,” he confessed.
“But if I’m selected for the next game I intend to repay them,” he said.
“It was a poor performance from me, it was very unprofessional.
“The boys helped me out with the goals, so it was the least I could do to make that penalty save at the end.
“It was one of those nights for me and I think the late penalty summed it up.”