Orient game with Bristol City off
Orient’s clash with Bristol City at Brisbane Road tomorrow has been postponed due to floodlight damage.
The club says this has been caused by the atrocious weather over the Christmas period.
Structural damage needs to be repaired before the stadium is safe for public use, Orient added.
Chief executive Matt Porter said: “We’re extremely disappointed to have to have postponed this game, but this is a serious health and safety issue which we are unable to resolve in time.
“The recent high winds have caused damage to a floodlight pylon with a bulb and socket being blown down to the ground
“The pylons hang over the stadium entrance and exit routes and are close to the pitch and the bulbs are two feet wide so the prospect of another one falling when there are people in the ground does not bear thinking about, and they also need testing before they can be switched on.”
A new date for the match will be announced and original tickets will be valid.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 5 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 10 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
A refund or exchange will be available for up to seven days after the new date is announced.
The next game at Brisbane Road is due to be the League One fixture with Carlisle on Saturday, January 11.