Orient game with Bristol City off
Orient’s clash with Bristol City at Brisbane Road tomorrow has been postponed due to floodlight damage.
The club says this has been caused by the atrocious weather over the Christmas period.
Structural damage needs to be repaired before the stadium is safe for public use, Orient added.
Chief executive Matt Porter said: “We’re extremely disappointed to have to have postponed this game, but this is a serious health and safety issue which we are unable to resolve in time.
“The recent high winds have caused damage to a floodlight pylon with a bulb and socket being blown down to the ground
You may also want to watch:
“The pylons hang over the stadium entrance and exit routes and are close to the pitch and the bulbs are two feet wide so the prospect of another one falling when there are people in the ground does not bear thinking about, and they also need testing before they can be switched on.”
A new date for the match will be announced and original tickets will be valid.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
A refund or exchange will be available for up to seven days after the new date is announced.
The next game at Brisbane Road is due to be the League One fixture with Carlisle on Saturday, January 11.