Orient forward Shaun Batt could miss rest of the season
- Credit: Archant
Orient forward Shaun Batt could miss the rest of the season after snapping his hamstring in the win at Gillingham.
The 26-year-old was substituted after 41 minutes, being replaced by Robbie Simpson.
It was his fifth consecutive start thanks to a combination of an ankle injury to Kevin Lisbie and David Mooney’s suspension.
Manager Russell Slade is pessimistic of his chances of playing again this season: “He’s torn his hamstring quite badly.
“We don’t know whether it will require surgery or not. He couldn’t have done much more to it.
You may also want to watch:
“You’re probably writing him off for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it.”
Batt took to Twitter to confirm the seriousness of his injury: “Seems the news has broke, absolutely devastated to be missing the rest of the season but have every faith in the boys to do what’s needed!”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School