Orient forward Shaun Batt could miss rest of the season
- Credit: Archant
Orient forward Shaun Batt could miss the rest of the season after snapping his hamstring in the win at Gillingham.
The 26-year-old was substituted after 41 minutes, being replaced by Robbie Simpson.
It was his fifth consecutive start thanks to a combination of an ankle injury to Kevin Lisbie and David Mooney’s suspension.
Manager Russell Slade is pessimistic of his chances of playing again this season: “He’s torn his hamstring quite badly.
“We don’t know whether it will require surgery or not. He couldn’t have done much more to it.
You may also want to watch:
“You’re probably writing him off for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it.”
Batt took to Twitter to confirm the seriousness of his injury: “Seems the news has broke, absolutely devastated to be missing the rest of the season but have every faith in the boys to do what’s needed!”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say