Orient due to sign Millwall’s Josh Wright in emergency loan deal
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Orient are looking to bolster their midfield ranks with the emergency loan signing of Josh Wright from Millwall.
The 24-year-old will join the O’s until January 2 and could go straight into the squad for the clash against Swindon Town on Saturday.
Wright signed for The Lions in 2011 after coming through the youth ranks at south London rivals Charlton Athletic.
He has made almost 50 appearances for Millwall but has only appeared twice this season and heads to Brisbane Road in search of some first team football.
If it goes through Wright will compete with the likes of Romain Vincelot, Lloyd James and Dean Cox for a place in the starting line up.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Russell Slade suggested a cruciate ligament injury to loan signing Frankie Sutherland on his debut prompted him to re-enter the transfer market.
He said: “Josh will bolster the squad and after the loss of Frankie Sutherland, it’s an area that needs strengthening.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
“He’s got good experience at this level and in the Championship and is a very technical player with plenty of ability.”
The midfielder will wear the number 24 shirt during his team at Brisbane Road.