Orient due to sign Millwall’s Josh Wright in emergency loan deal
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Orient are looking to bolster their midfield ranks with the emergency loan signing of Josh Wright from Millwall.
The 24-year-old will join the O’s until January 2 and could go straight into the squad for the clash against Swindon Town on Saturday.
Wright signed for The Lions in 2011 after coming through the youth ranks at south London rivals Charlton Athletic.
He has made almost 50 appearances for Millwall but has only appeared twice this season and heads to Brisbane Road in search of some first team football.
If it goes through Wright will compete with the likes of Romain Vincelot, Lloyd James and Dean Cox for a place in the starting line up.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Russell Slade suggested a cruciate ligament injury to loan signing Frankie Sutherland on his debut prompted him to re-enter the transfer market.
He said: “Josh will bolster the squad and after the loss of Frankie Sutherland, it’s an area that needs strengthening.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 East London police officer charged with rape
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 10 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
“He’s got good experience at this level and in the Championship and is a very technical player with plenty of ability.”
The midfielder will wear the number 24 shirt during his team at Brisbane Road.