Orient defender Cuthbert proud of clean sheet despite County stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Orient drew a rare blank when they were held to a goalless draw by Notts County.
For once the O’s potent attack failed to find the net and defender Scott Cuthbert said it was vital he and his colleagues kept another clean sheet.
“Usually you can back one of our forwards up top to get a goal,” the Scot said.
“On those days you don’t score it’s massively important to get a clean sheet.
“We’ve shown guts defensively, we’ve held on to get the point and we need to carry on with this attitude.”
You may also want to watch:
The point extended Orient’s unbeaten run to five.
It also continued the excellent defensive record in front of Bosnian goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic since he arrived on loan from Hull. With him between the sticks the O’s have conceded three goals in nine games.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Cuthbert himself has played in the centre of defence the last two games with Mathieu Baudry missing through injury.
But the 26-year-old says being shifted around is not a problem.
He said: “The transition is fine, it’s not like you’re going into a completely different back four.
“You’ve still get El (Omozusi), Eldin (Jakupovic) and (Nathan) Clarkey. Clarkey’s the captain, he’s the organiser so it’s easy to fill in beside him.
“And it’s great to have a keeper who’s confident.
“It was the same with (Jamie) Jonesy. They’re two very good goalkeepers. You can trust them to make saves and come for crosses.”