Orient defender Cuthbert insists players still confident
- Credit: Archant
Orient defender Scott Cuthbert kept a positive outlook after the deflating defeat against Brentford.
He claimed the pressure is on the Bees and Wolves, who now occupy League One’s automatic promotion places, and the O’s will just keep “going about their business.” “To be up there with Wolves and Brentford with the budgets they have is fantastic,” the Scot said.
“The pressure is on the two of them to keep doing what they’re doing.
“It’s exciting to be part of the promotion battle. From the start of the season when we won the first eight games it’s been an unbelievable year for the club. It’s been a real joy to be here.”
Orient travel to the Bescot Stadium on Saturday to face play-off outsiders Walsall, managed by former O’s defender Dean Smith.
You may also want to watch:
With nine games to go Russell Slade’s men are virtually assured of a top six berth themselves.
Cuthbert insists the mood in the camp is still positive and he is confident they can embark on another unbeaten run.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Cuthbert said: “The message was to try and get three points at Walsall.
“We’ve been beaten before and we’ve shown character to go on a run. All the games will be difficult, we just need to stay focused and confident.
“All we can do is go about our business. We’re here on merit and we’ve got some fantastic players.”