‘Organised chaos’ after Girl Guides invade Woodford Fire Station
It was organised chaos, was one firefighter’s conclusion after a group of Guides visited his fire station.
Peter Miller welcomed about 40 members of the St John’s Guides to Woodford Fire Station, Snakes Lane West, Woodford Green to learn about safety for one of their badges.
Mr Miller said: “We showed them how to be proactive rather than reactive.
“The girls all enjoyed it and took a keen interest. It was mad, but organised chaos.”
They were told of the dangers of hoax calls as well as what to do and who to call in an emergency.They were then given a practical demonstration of how to cut up cars and how to use the water hose and equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The talk was part of an increase in community fire work by the London Fire Brigade to raise awareness of the dangers of fire to young people.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge