Only Way Is Essex stars launch children’s hospice sensory room
The Only Way is Essex stars James Argent and Lydia Bright put their differences aside on Thursday to support the opening of a new sensory room at a children’s hospice.
Viewers saw the couple split during the series finale of the ITV2 reality soap earlier this month after a number of arguments.
However they were all smiles as Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, Woodford Green unveiled its new sensory room, which provides therapeutic relief for youngsters with life limiting conditions.
An onlooker said: “They seemed happy and were very pleasant and chatty.”
The pair were accompanied by Lydia’s mother Debbie and they posed for pictures with service user Alex Coppin, 8.
You may also want to watch:
Fame Academy fitness instructor Kevin Adams was also in attendance as was newly appointed chief executive of the charity, Mike Palfrenan.
The room has been funded by the London Borough of Havering and Redbridge Children’s Trust and includes a variety of equipment that will enable children to explore and develop their senses and skills.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 8 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
After the appearance Lydia took to social networking site Twitter and wrote: “Has had a fab day opened the sensory room at Haven House hospice with my mum @RealJamesArgent and @kevinadamstv now a spot of shopping ;) x.”
Mr Argent also wrote a short message, known as a tweet, and uploaded a picture of himself, Lydia, Debbie and Kevin Adams.
It said: “Great supporting The Haven House Hospice with Kev, Lyd and Debbie. What a great cause in my hometown.”
In the final episode of the second series Lydia went on a date with a new man following arguments about the amount of time Argent spent with best pal Mark Wright.
He was also accused of cheating on her which he denied.