Only Way Is Essex stars launch children’s hospice sensory room
The Only Way is Essex stars James Argent and Lydia Bright put their differences aside on Thursday to support the opening of a new sensory room at a children’s hospice.
Viewers saw the couple split during the series finale of the ITV2 reality soap earlier this month after a number of arguments.
However they were all smiles as Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, Woodford Green unveiled its new sensory room, which provides therapeutic relief for youngsters with life limiting conditions.
An onlooker said: “They seemed happy and were very pleasant and chatty.”
The pair were accompanied by Lydia’s mother Debbie and they posed for pictures with service user Alex Coppin, 8.
You may also want to watch:
Fame Academy fitness instructor Kevin Adams was also in attendance as was newly appointed chief executive of the charity, Mike Palfrenan.
The room has been funded by the London Borough of Havering and Redbridge Children’s Trust and includes a variety of equipment that will enable children to explore and develop their senses and skills.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
After the appearance Lydia took to social networking site Twitter and wrote: “Has had a fab day opened the sensory room at Haven House hospice with my mum @RealJamesArgent and @kevinadamstv now a spot of shopping ;) x.”
Mr Argent also wrote a short message, known as a tweet, and uploaded a picture of himself, Lydia, Debbie and Kevin Adams.
It said: “Great supporting The Haven House Hospice with Kev, Lyd and Debbie. What a great cause in my hometown.”
In the final episode of the second series Lydia went on a date with a new man following arguments about the amount of time Argent spent with best pal Mark Wright.
He was also accused of cheating on her which he denied.