Only Way is Essex star Arg fails theory test at Ilford driving centre
One of Ilford’s less glamorous locations has featured in the latest instalment of The Only Way is Essex.
In last night’s episode of the partly scripted reality show on ITV2 one of the show’s stars, James Argent, was shown anxiously waiting outside the DVLA theory test centre at Valentines House, Ilford Hill, Ilford, before emerging with a brown envelope to discover he had failed the 50 question test.
But the episode sparked a stream of posts on the networking site Twitter from Redbridge driving test candidates who said that would never happen at the centre.
Twitter user @lucindamurrell wrote: “Since when do Ilford theory test centre put your results in an envelope? Didn’t happen to me.”
The failure to pass shattered Mr Argent’s hopes of moving to Chigwell with his girlfriend Lydia Bright.
You may also want to watch:
He wants to move there to be nearer his best pal Mark Wright, who runs Deuces Nightclub in Chigwell High Road, Woodford Green.
The next episode of the show is on ITV2 on Wednesday at 10pm.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns