Only Way is Essex Mark’s Woodford Green bar licence bid snubbed
THE licensing gloom for residents has been lifted after a bar run by Only Way is Essex star Mark Wright had its bid to trade until 4.30am rejected.
Various nightspots in Woodford Green and South Woodford have been granted late night opening hours recently which has attracted hundreds of complaints but the trend has been broken at Deuces Bar and Lounge, Chigwell Road.
Deuces, which featured on the ITV2 reality TV soap, will be restricted to a 1am closing time on Friday and Saturday nights and 12am during the week following concerns from police and more than 50 letters of objection.
Chairman of the Woodford Green Amenity Group Geoff Stimpson described the decision as a “big victory” for residents
He said: “Our fears were taken into consideration and finally we have been listened to.
You may also want to watch:
“A closing time of 4.30am would have had a terrible effect on the area and I am pleased common sense has prevailed.”
He added: “We have not had much luck with licensing applications recently but hopefully this result will set a precedent for the future.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
Bridge ward Cllr Paul Canal said residents had suffered lots of problems with the previous bar on the site, The Manor House and suggested turning Deuces into a more suitable establishment for the area.
Mr Wright confirmed the decision would be appealed.
Last month Only Way is Essex cast members shunned their end of season party at Funky Mojoe, High Road, South Woodford in favour of the opening of Deuces.
A Christmas special has been confirmed for the reality programme, which pulled in 1.6million TV viewers, and a best of show is due to be aired tomorrow.