Only Way Is Essex Jessica appeared at Ilford show
AN aspiring pop star who appeared in the first episode of the reality soap The Only Way Is Essex, sang on stage in Ilford 11 years ago in a teen band.
Jessica Wright, 24, was seen in the ITV2 show on Sunday arguing with her brother Mark over his relationship with his long-standing girlfriend Lauren. She was later filmed in the Sugar Hut in Brentwood, singing with her band Lola, hoping record executives would sign them up.
But we can reveal that isn’t the first stab at stardom Jessica has had.
Yvonne Ly has told us Jessica her friend went to an audition for Yoyo and Jessica was one of the successful ones.
“They had a catchy single called Yoyo Bro, or something, and Jessica sang with them at the Redbridge Show – they were support for Cleopatra,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“She wasn’t the best singer of the group but was the prettiest of them. I also went with my friend to see them at the Hippodrome and the place erupted when they did the song, the crowd loved it. Yoyo were good for their age and so were the songs.”
The first episode of The Only Way Is Essex was screened on Sunday and drew a torrent of comment through social network site Facebook. A second episode is due to be screened on Wednesday,
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
DO YOU REMEMBER YOYO? Comment here, or email email@example.com