Only Way Is Essex Jessica appeared at Ilford show
AN aspiring pop star who appeared in the first episode of the reality soap The Only Way Is Essex, sang on stage in Ilford 11 years ago in a teen band.
Jessica Wright, 24, was seen in the ITV2 show on Sunday arguing with her brother Mark over his relationship with his long-standing girlfriend Lauren. She was later filmed in the Sugar Hut in Brentwood, singing with her band Lola, hoping record executives would sign them up.
But we can reveal that isn’t the first stab at stardom Jessica has had.
Yvonne Ly has told us Jessica her friend went to an audition for Yoyo and Jessica was one of the successful ones.
“They had a catchy single called Yoyo Bro, or something, and Jessica sang with them at the Redbridge Show – they were support for Cleopatra,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“She wasn’t the best singer of the group but was the prettiest of them. I also went with my friend to see them at the Hippodrome and the place erupted when they did the song, the crowd loved it. Yoyo were good for their age and so were the songs.”
The first episode of The Only Way Is Essex was screened on Sunday and drew a torrent of comment through social network site Facebook. A second episode is due to be screened on Wednesday,
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 7 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 8 Seven Kings novelist among winners of London Writers Awards
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Fly-tipping initiative at Redbridge Council up for national award
DO YOU REMEMBER YOYO? Comment here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org