One year on and going strong - Ilford charity Anxiety Care UK looking for volunteers
An Ilford charity celebrated its first birthday on Monday and is now looking for volunteers to ensure it can keep running.
Anxiety Care UK, in Ilford Lane, helps people dealing with depression, anxiety, phobias and post-traumatic stress disorder.
It was formed out of a previous Anxiety Care charity and a training programme for volunteers will be held this month.
Director Chris Gardner said: “We feel our first year has been quite an achievement as we know of many organisations who have had to close in the current economic climate.
“The service we continue to provide is unique and is a valuable resource to the London area.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity uses cognitive behavioural therapy in group sessions and with outreach work.
For a volunteer application form, call 07535 483 211 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station