One year on and going strong - Ilford charity Anxiety Care UK looking for volunteers
An Ilford charity celebrated its first birthday on Monday and is now looking for volunteers to ensure it can keep running.
Anxiety Care UK, in Ilford Lane, helps people dealing with depression, anxiety, phobias and post-traumatic stress disorder.
It was formed out of a previous Anxiety Care charity and a training programme for volunteers will be held this month.
Director Chris Gardner said: “We feel our first year has been quite an achievement as we know of many organisations who have had to close in the current economic climate.
“The service we continue to provide is unique and is a valuable resource to the London area.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity uses cognitive behavioural therapy in group sessions and with outreach work.
For a volunteer application form, call 07535 483 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion