Olympics makes Ilford ‘fastest growing holiday town in Europe’
Ilford has topped the list of Europe’s fastest growing popular holiday destinations, according to a travel website.
Trip Advisor compared page views of its website with those last year of destinations across Europe, the little-known French village of Valras-Plage came second.
Ilford Town Centre manager Neil Davis said: “We knew Ilford would be a really great gateway because of its proximity to the Olympics.
“It’s important from our point of view that everybody who goes through Ilford during the Olympics feels safe, welcomed and feel the area is distinctive,” he added.
Hotels across the borough have reported that rooms are either sold out, or most are booked.
You may also want to watch:
At the Holiday Inn Express in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park, rooms are unavailable as they have been allocated to LOCOG, the London 2012 organising committee.
In Ilford, the Cranbrook Hotel in Coventry Road is reporting to be half full during next year’s games.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath