Olympic high jumper, Dalton Grant, to take part in Goodmayes Hospital sports day
- Credit: Archant
A British Olympic high jumper will join staff and patients at a special sports day to promote the role of exercise in mental and physical health.
Dalton Grant will make a guest appearance at the North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) annual Sports Day on July 17.
The day will take place oat Goodmayes Hospital, Barley Lane, Little Heath, and there will be a number of events designed to bring patients, carers, NHS staff, partner organisations and members of the wider community together.
Activities will include a five-a-side football tournament, Zumba sessions and holistic therapies.
Trust chairman, Jane Atkinson, said: “We remain as committed as ever to promoting the role of sport in mental health, physical health and overall wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that as many people as possible will help us make this year’s sports day the best ever.”
The event will begin at 10.45am.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
For further information please call 0300 555 1201 ext 4289.