Olympic high jumper, Dalton Grant, to take part in Goodmayes Hospital sports day
- Credit: Archant
A British Olympic high jumper will join staff and patients at a special sports day to promote the role of exercise in mental and physical health.
Dalton Grant will make a guest appearance at the North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) annual Sports Day on July 17.
The day will take place oat Goodmayes Hospital, Barley Lane, Little Heath, and there will be a number of events designed to bring patients, carers, NHS staff, partner organisations and members of the wider community together.
Activities will include a five-a-side football tournament, Zumba sessions and holistic therapies.
Trust chairman, Jane Atkinson, said: “We remain as committed as ever to promoting the role of sport in mental health, physical health and overall wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that as many people as possible will help us make this year’s sports day the best ever.”
The event will begin at 10.45am.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
For further information please call 0300 555 1201 ext 4289.