Oldest business in South Woodford gets double boost with makeover and website launch
- Credit: Archant
The oldest business in South Woodford has just had a makeover and is now offering travellers a website as well as a “personal service” when booking holidays.
Fifty-six years after it opened, Abbotts Travel, is still a reassuring presence in George Lane, as it goes from strength to strength with a major revamp.
This has been complemented by the launch of abbottstravel.com, the official website featuring exclusive offers, recommendations and detailed travel blogs from customers.
The family business is run by Julian Abbott, backed by a team of seven seasoned travellers including experienced manager, Sharron Roat.
Mr Abbott said: “We are a world away from the cold, faceless call-centre experience and the uncertainties of booking online.
You may also want to watch:
“We use our fantastic relationships with the best travel suppliers to get the best holidays. Our team has an incredible combined knowledge and first-hand experience of many destinations.”
Abbotts is a fully licensed and bonded Agent and in 2012 added the new ATOL Licence. Mr Abbott added: “A company like ours has thrived because people seem to appreciate the extra-mile support we try to provide.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
A celebratory launch evening for old and new customers will be held on May 8 between 6-8pm.