Oldest business in South Woodford gets double boost with makeover and website launch
- Credit: Archant
The oldest business in South Woodford has just had a makeover and is now offering travellers a website as well as a “personal service” when booking holidays.
Fifty-six years after it opened, Abbotts Travel, is still a reassuring presence in George Lane, as it goes from strength to strength with a major revamp.
This has been complemented by the launch of abbottstravel.com, the official website featuring exclusive offers, recommendations and detailed travel blogs from customers.
The family business is run by Julian Abbott, backed by a team of seven seasoned travellers including experienced manager, Sharron Roat.
Mr Abbott said: “We are a world away from the cold, faceless call-centre experience and the uncertainties of booking online.
You may also want to watch:
“We use our fantastic relationships with the best travel suppliers to get the best holidays. Our team has an incredible combined knowledge and first-hand experience of many destinations.”
Abbotts is a fully licensed and bonded Agent and in 2012 added the new ATOL Licence. Mr Abbott added: “A company like ours has thrived because people seem to appreciate the extra-mile support we try to provide.”
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
A celebratory launch evening for old and new customers will be held on May 8 between 6-8pm.