Old friends set to ride off into the Redbridge sunset for charity
Two old schoolfriends are looking to raise over �2,000 for Help For Heroes when they cycle from John O’Groats to Lands End.
The event is due to take place on May 27 and the ride is expected to take around nine days, finishing on June 4th.
Billy Nightingale, 22 from Roding Lane South, Redbridge, said: “I know some people that have completed the ride and its something we have wanted to do, to be able to do it for chairty is a welcome bonus”
Accompanying Billy on the ride will be Mark Cockles, the men have known each other from their school days at Redbridge Junior School in College Lane and Beal High School in Woodford Bridge Road.
When deciding what charity to ride for there was only ever going to be one on their minds - Help For Heroes. Mr Cockles’ brother Luke is currently on active duties in the Middle East and as he fights for Queen and country Mr Nightingale and Mr Cockles wanted to do their bit as well
You may also want to watch:
“We chose Help For Heroes as Luke is a Royal Marine, he’s out there at the moment and we wanted to do our bit,” Mr Cockles said.
“Being able to contribute to this fantastic cause is something we both wanted to do.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
- 10 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
They have set up a fundraising web page and are hoping readers of the Ilford Recorder will help them reach their target so if you would like to donate log on to www.bmycharity.com/V2/2blokes2bikes.