Oakfield Playing Fields to be debated at full council tonight
- Credit: Archant
A packed public gallery is expected at a full council meeting as campaigners for a playing field address councillors this evening.
Save Oakfield Site (SOS) campaigners will be hoping to convince councillors not to free up the Oakfield Playing Fields site in Forest Road, Barkingside, for developers to build on.
The group’s petition has received more than 7,000 signatures after Redbridge Council earmarked the site for development last year.
SOS says it believes the site continues to meet its green belt purpose and will talk about support it’s had from London mayoral candidates.
Also up for debate will be the proposed demolition of Sir James Hawkey Hall in Woodford Green. The meeting takes place at 7.15pm at Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Follow the Recorder on Twitter @ilfordrecorder for live updates.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 7 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 10 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods