No reports of property flooding in Redbridge but flood alert remains in place
There have been no reports of properties being flooded in Redbridge following heavy rain overnight, according to the Environment Agency.
The levels of the Lower River Roding remain high and a spokesman said the river could have come out of its banks in some areas, flooding low-lying land and parkland.
A flood alert is in place for a large stretch of the river, including in Woodford Green, Wanstead and Ilford, continuing on to the River Thames.
The agency is continuing to monitor the situation and will put updates on its website at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34681.aspx?area=062WAF54LwRoding&page=1&type=River&term=roding.
Residents can call Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
You may also want to watch:
Select option one and enter quick dial number 172915 for more information.
• Have you been affected by the rising waters or live in a flood risk area and are concerned? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute