No reports of property flooding in Redbridge but flood alert remains in place
There have been no reports of properties being flooded in Redbridge following heavy rain overnight, according to the Environment Agency.
The levels of the Lower River Roding remain high and a spokesman said the river could have come out of its banks in some areas, flooding low-lying land and parkland.
A flood alert is in place for a large stretch of the river, including in Woodford Green, Wanstead and Ilford, continuing on to the River Thames.
The agency is continuing to monitor the situation and will put updates on its website at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34681.aspx?area=062WAF54LwRoding&page=1&type=River&term=roding.
Residents can call Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
You may also want to watch:
Select option one and enter quick dial number 172915 for more information.
• Have you been affected by the rising waters or live in a flood risk area and are concerned? Call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3800 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter