Ilford man, 31, confirmed dead by police following four-vehicle crash in Beckton
- Credit: Google
A 31-year-old man from Ilford has been confirmed dead by police following a four-vehicle collision in Beckton yesterday.
Gassan Balkot, the driver of a black Audi A3, crashed into three stationary vehicles - two lorries and one car.
Police were called just after midday and he was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened on Royal Docks Road at the junction with Claps Gate Lane, near McDonald’s.
The drivers all stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. One was taken to hospital with minor injuries and has since been discharged.
Det Segt Mark Palmer, who is investigating the incident, said: “We believe there may have been a number of witnesses who either saw what happened or may have some dash cam footage.
“I urge anyone to come forward to help us piece together the circumstances surrounding this tragic incident.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 10 Waiting almost over as business award winners to be revealed
Anyone with information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit witness appeal line on 0208 597 4874.