Hundreds attend funeral held for Newbury Park mum killed with crossbow
PUBLISHED: 15:00 28 November 2018
Hundreds paid their respects to a pregnant mother - fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home - at a Hainault funeral service on Sunday (November 25).
More than 200 people attended a service at the Gardens of Peace Cemetery, in Elmbridge Road, in honour of Sana Muhammad, 35, who died on November 13.
Police and paramedics were called to reports of a domestic incident at her home in Applegarth Drive on the morning of November 12, where they found her suffering stomach injuries.
She was taken to hospital where she later died.
Eight months pregnant, doctors miraculousy saved Sana’s unborn son by performing an emergency caesarean.
Among the attendees at her funeral was a friend who had known Sana for more than 10 years, who did not wish to be named.
“The funeral went smoothly Alhamdullilah,” she said.
“Her children were so brave and had all her friends and family around.
“We still need to think of the children, their suffering and mental wellbeing.
“Friends and family are doing whatever it is to keep them happy and offer their outstanding support.”
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
The friend, with the backing of community members, has set up a GoFundMe page which has so far raised £7,356 towards a target of £30,000.
The friend said she will transfer some of this money directly into the three eldest children’s bank accounts.
The rest of the money will be given to Imtiaz on behalf of the three youngest children.
The Gardens of Peace Cemetery held the funeral free of charge.
“The complete and entire community are shocked about the events that have occurred,” Mohamed Omer, from the cemetery, told the Recorder earlier this month.
“As a community we would like to be their to support as best we can.”
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, has been remanded in custody after being charged with murder at the Old Bailey on November 15.
The 50-year-old, of no fixed abode, is to appear next on February 6 with a two-week trial anticipated to begin on April 8 next year.
Donate to the GoFundMe page here.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.