New street ambassadors will be ‘eyes and ears’ of Ilford Town Centre
- Credit: Archant
Street ambassadors who will act as the “eyes and the ears” of Ilford Town Centre have begun pounding the streets.
Elena Vanzan and Husna Choudhury are tasked with putting a human face on the town centre.
They will offer assistance to shoppers who may need it, liaise with businesses and raise awareness of what the town centre has to offer.
They began their new roles on Monday and will work Monday to Saturday from 10am-6pm.
The positions are funded by the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID).
You may also want to watch:
The BID is made up of more than 460 businesses in Ilford Town Centre who pay 1.2 per cent of their rateable value into it each year.
It was launched in 2009 for a five-year term, with a new term to be sought later in the year.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
District manager Ben Collins praised the duo, saying: “The street ambassadors is something that was down in the original BID plan. They really are the eyes and the ears of the town centre.”