New parking permit zone announced for Ilford
Controlled parking is to be introduced after residents got frustrated at commuters using their streets as car parks while they were at work.
The parking zone will be in Lowbrook Road and Eltisley Road, Ilford.
A petition containing 59 signatures from 28 properties in Lowbrook Road was submitted in March in favour bringing in the changes.
Cllr Filly Maravala said: “We have to go by what we have received back, if one person more said yes than no it [the zone] should be put in place.”
The decision was taken at the area six meeting held earlier this month at Uphall Primary School, Uphall Road, Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Concerns were raised that by having the controlled parking zones the problem would be spread into surrounding roads.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 5 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 6 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 7 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 8 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 9 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford