New parking permit zone announced for Ilford
Controlled parking is to be introduced after residents got frustrated at commuters using their streets as car parks while they were at work.
The parking zone will be in Lowbrook Road and Eltisley Road, Ilford.
A petition containing 59 signatures from 28 properties in Lowbrook Road was submitted in March in favour bringing in the changes.
Cllr Filly Maravala said: “We have to go by what we have received back, if one person more said yes than no it [the zone] should be put in place.”
The decision was taken at the area six meeting held earlier this month at Uphall Primary School, Uphall Road, Ilford.
You may also want to watch:
Concerns were raised that by having the controlled parking zones the problem would be spread into surrounding roads.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School