New live music event launched in Ilford park
- Credit: Archant
A new monthly live music event attracted a “big crowd” when it was launched at the weekend, offering residents a diverse range of music in an Ilford park.
Redbridge Music Lounge and the Green Fair Music Club joined forces on Sunday for their new monthly show, Best of the Music Fest, at The Gardener’s Cottage Cafe, Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
To celebrate ten years of running the Annual Redbridge Midsummer Music Fest, which will take place on June 29 and 30, the two groups hope to receive a grant from Vision Redbridge to continue running concerts until September.
One of the organisers, Stephen Collins, said: “We got such a positive reaction from the audience, and by the end, when Ryan Green, sang his last song, there was a big crowd enjoying the music.
“It was lovely weather and everyone seemed to enjoy the laid back day.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be held on May 19, between 11am-3pm.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman