New live music event launched in Ilford park
- Credit: Archant
A new monthly live music event attracted a “big crowd” when it was launched at the weekend, offering residents a diverse range of music in an Ilford park.
Redbridge Music Lounge and the Green Fair Music Club joined forces on Sunday for their new monthly show, Best of the Music Fest, at The Gardener’s Cottage Cafe, Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
To celebrate ten years of running the Annual Redbridge Midsummer Music Fest, which will take place on June 29 and 30, the two groups hope to receive a grant from Vision Redbridge to continue running concerts until September.
One of the organisers, Stephen Collins, said: “We got such a positive reaction from the audience, and by the end, when Ryan Green, sang his last song, there was a big crowd enjoying the music.
“It was lovely weather and everyone seemed to enjoy the laid back day.”
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be held on May 19, between 11am-3pm.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower