New church building in Woodford Green set for official opening
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened tomorrow.
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened on Saturday.
The extension to All Saints’ Church, Immans Row, Woodford Green cost more than �5million raised through grants, donations and selling of a church house. The church will throw open its doors to everyone to see the changes, which took two years to complete, from 2-5pm.
Rev Paul Harcourt said: “It’s been a very long journey to complete the project. It’s already bringing a huge amount of life to the local area. It’s fantastic.”
The decision to create the rooms, which includes a sensory one for children with disabilities, was taken eight years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harcourt said: “We felt there was a need for somewhere in the area for everybody, right at the heart of the community.”
There will also be dedication services on Sunday at 9.30am and 11.15am led by a bishop from Kenya who received funding for a theology centre from All Saints’ Church. There will be a third service at 6.30pm with the Bishop of Chelmsford.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab