New church building in Woodford Green set for official opening
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened tomorrow.
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened on Saturday.
The extension to All Saints’ Church, Immans Row, Woodford Green cost more than �5million raised through grants, donations and selling of a church house. The church will throw open its doors to everyone to see the changes, which took two years to complete, from 2-5pm.
Rev Paul Harcourt said: “It’s been a very long journey to complete the project. It’s already bringing a huge amount of life to the local area. It’s fantastic.”
The decision to create the rooms, which includes a sensory one for children with disabilities, was taken eight years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harcourt said: “We felt there was a need for somewhere in the area for everybody, right at the heart of the community.”
There will also be dedication services on Sunday at 9.30am and 11.15am led by a bishop from Kenya who received funding for a theology centre from All Saints’ Church. There will be a third service at 6.30pm with the Bishop of Chelmsford.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest