New church building in Woodford Green set for official opening
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened tomorrow.
A new church building with offices, conference rooms, caf� and children’s pre-school, will be official opened on Saturday.
The extension to All Saints’ Church, Immans Row, Woodford Green cost more than �5million raised through grants, donations and selling of a church house. The church will throw open its doors to everyone to see the changes, which took two years to complete, from 2-5pm.
Rev Paul Harcourt said: “It’s been a very long journey to complete the project. It’s already bringing a huge amount of life to the local area. It’s fantastic.”
The decision to create the rooms, which includes a sensory one for children with disabilities, was taken eight years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harcourt said: “We felt there was a need for somewhere in the area for everybody, right at the heart of the community.”
There will also be dedication services on Sunday at 9.30am and 11.15am led by a bishop from Kenya who received funding for a theology centre from All Saints’ Church. There will be a third service at 6.30pm with the Bishop of Chelmsford.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford