Mystery of ‘Chinook’ military helicopter spotted over Seven Kings Park
- Credit: Archant
What was this military helicopter doing over Seven Kings Park on Wednesday?
Residents were baffled to see the helicopter, which resembled an RAF Chinook, dip close to the ground at about 6.30pm.
Witness Fay Parsons said she thought it was going to land.
She added: “It lowered and I thought it was going to land, then it just went back up and moved on. Very strange!”
Marc Gellen also saw the aircraft, which he believed to be a Chinook.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought maybe it had problems and needed to land,” he added.
The Recorder is awaiting a comment from the Ministry of Defence and RAF.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening