Mystery Hainault police probe is ‘confidential matter’
Police investigating a mystery incident in Hainault have said they cannot release details of what happened there because it is “confidential”.
A police cordon was erected at the junction of New North Road and Laing Close in the early hours of Monday morning.
Witnesses said the cordon had been put around some bushes which sit in front of three houses in Laing Close.
Since then the Recorder has been in contact with Redbridge Police trying find out what had happened to spark a police presence.
Today police said it was a “confidential matter” adding: “If and when we are able to do so [give out any information] we will forward on the information.”
You may also want to watch:
Marissa McGowan, who lives nearby, said: “For them to say it’s confidential makes me think something serious happened there.
“I’ve heard someone say there was a stabbing there but that’s only a rumour.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Did you see officers in the area? Do you know what they were investigating? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3806.