Mystery Hainault police probe is ‘confidential matter’
Police investigating a mystery incident in Hainault have said they cannot release details of what happened there because it is “confidential”.
A police cordon was erected at the junction of New North Road and Laing Close in the early hours of Monday morning.
Witnesses said the cordon had been put around some bushes which sit in front of three houses in Laing Close.
Since then the Recorder has been in contact with Redbridge Police trying find out what had happened to spark a police presence.
Today police said it was a “confidential matter” adding: “If and when we are able to do so [give out any information] we will forward on the information.”
You may also want to watch:
Marissa McGowan, who lives nearby, said: “For them to say it’s confidential makes me think something serious happened there.
“I’ve heard someone say there was a stabbing there but that’s only a rumour.”
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
Did you see officers in the area? Do you know what they were investigating? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 8477 3806.