Mystery Hainault police probe is ‘confidential matter’
Police investigating a mystery incident in Hainault have said they cannot release details of what happened there because it is “confidential”.
A police cordon was erected at the junction of New North Road and Laing Close in the early hours of Monday morning.
Witnesses said the cordon had been put around some bushes which sit in front of three houses in Laing Close.
Since then the Recorder has been in contact with Redbridge Police trying find out what had happened to spark a police presence.
Today police said it was a “confidential matter” adding: “If and when we are able to do so [give out any information] we will forward on the information.”
You may also want to watch:
Marissa McGowan, who lives nearby, said: “For them to say it’s confidential makes me think something serious happened there.
“I’ve heard someone say there was a stabbing there but that’s only a rumour.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
Did you see officers in the area? Do you know what they were investigating? Email email@example.com, or call 020 8477 3806.