Muslim organisation in Ilford raises £1k for homeless charity during Ramadan
A Muslim organisation has raised more than £1,000 for a homeless charity to mark Ramadan - the holiest month in the Islamic calendar.
The Federation of Redbridge Muslim Organisations (Formo) has raised the money for Jason Lee House, York Road, Ilford.
The homeless shelter gives support to people who have mental heath, drug or alcohol problems.
Mohammed Asif, chairman of Formo, said: “The issue of homelessness is a major problem in the borough of Redbridge as well as a common issue across the UK.
“The blessed month of Ramadan is an opportunity for Muslims to spiritually connect but also remind themselves of their responsibility to help those who are less fortunate.”
You may also want to watch:
The donation is part of Formo’s initiative to help the homeless with started in December with donations for winter night shelters and food banks.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved