Murder investigation launched after stabbed teen Ayodele Osifuwa dies; Ilford man remains on bail
A 17-year-old boy from east London, who was stabbed in Chigwell in December, has died in hospital.
Ayodele Osifuwa of Chesterton Road, Plaistow, succumbed to his injuries on Friday at The Royal London Hospital, in east London, where he has been since being attacked in Limes Avenue shortly before 8pm on Monday, December 9.
Following his death police have launched a murder investigation and are urging anyone who has not yet spoken to police to get in touch.
Police have already charged 20-year-old Marcus Audain, of no fixed abode, with causing GBH with intent.
He is currently remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, March 17.
You may also want to watch:
Two others, a 20-year-old man from Ilford and a 17-year-old boy from Walthamstow, are currently on bail pending further enquiries until March 4.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Loughton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine