MP Mike Gapes gets a taste of life at McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Mike Gapes, MP for Ilford South, took a trip to McDonald’s – not for a quarter pounder burger but to find out more about how the business works.
The MP visited Seven Kings franchise owner, Zulfikar Somji, to meet the team and discuss the burger chain’s community activity.
Mr Gapes said: “It was a great pleasure to meet Zulfikar and his team and get to know more about how the business operates.
“I was particularly pleased to hear about the number of local employees who are benefiting from the different training schemes available at McDonald’s.”
McDonald’s runs a level two apprenticeship scheme and a foundation degree in managing business operations to help their employees develop their careers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Somji added: “Mike’s visit was a great opportunity for my staff and I to meet our local MP, and for us to demonstrate just how hard the team works to ensure our customers get the best possible service every day.”
The apprenticeship scheme is equivalent to five GCSEs.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites