MP Mike Gapes gets a taste of life at McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
Mike Gapes, MP for Ilford South, took a trip to McDonald’s – not for a quarter pounder burger but to find out more about how the business works.
The MP visited Seven Kings franchise owner, Zulfikar Somji, to meet the team and discuss the burger chain’s community activity.
Mr Gapes said: “It was a great pleasure to meet Zulfikar and his team and get to know more about how the business operates.
“I was particularly pleased to hear about the number of local employees who are benefiting from the different training schemes available at McDonald’s.”
McDonald’s runs a level two apprenticeship scheme and a foundation degree in managing business operations to help their employees develop their careers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Somji added: “Mike’s visit was a great opportunity for my staff and I to meet our local MP, and for us to demonstrate just how hard the team works to ensure our customers get the best possible service every day.”
The apprenticeship scheme is equivalent to five GCSEs.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told