Mount Kilimanjaro calls for young Ilford fundraiser
A YOUNG fundraiser has pledged to take on one of the tallest mountains in the world for charity.
Hussain Manawer, 19, of Endsleigh Gardens, Ilford, will climb Mt Kilimanjaro on Boxing Day, and hopes to reach the summit on New Year’s Day.
“I climbed Ben Nevis a couple of weeks ago, which was exhilarating,” he said. “It was like a practice run.
“This will be a real challenge, but I have got a dietary adviser and fitness people advising me and gearing me up for the trek.”
Hussein is set to travel to Africa with Action Challenge, a company which provides support for fundraisers and thrill seekers setting off on potentially dangerous adventures.
You may also want to watch:
The 19,341ft climb is expected to take five days.
He said: “I looked into going with a group of friends but when I saw all the medical implications, such as the oxygen becoming thin, I decided against it!”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
The University of Westminster student hopes to raise �10,000 to help with the continuing aid efforts in Pakistan.
He raised �1,330 at a charity dinner at Rayyan restaurant in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill last week and has planned a charity football tournament at Newham Powerleague on November 21. To take part and donate �40, contact Hussein on 07572 660804, or to give any donation for the Pakistan relief cause, visit www.justgiving.com/hussain-manawer.