Motormen on the up
REDBRIDGE are at least showing signs of improvement, according to assistant manager Amin Levitt, writes Colin Munford.
Despite their loss on Saturday, the Motormen put in an improved performance against Leyton on Tuesday night in their 3-2 League Cup defeat, to take hope into Saturday’s FA Trophy trip to Ryman Premier side Horsham.
“We showed a lot more fight and character on Tuesday and it gives us a boost going into Saturday,” said Levitt (pictured above).
“Twice we came from behind to level and we were unfortunate to lose in the end, but at least it was better than the Maldon & Tiptree performance.”
Defender Sean Crossley and Anton Agdomar scored the goals in the 3-2 defeat at Lea Bridge Road, with Levitt confident he and Kris Taylor can turn their fortunes around with a few more additions.
You may also want to watch:
“Things are looking up and with a couple more players coming in, some maybe for Saturday, we are confident we can turn it around,” he said.
“Kris and I wouldn’t have taken the reins if we weren’t confident of doing what is required.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
“This is a big club and with the upgrade in facilities it is important we are able to get over this poor start to the season and keep Redbridge in the league.”
If Redbridge don’t earn a replay in the Trophy they will face Grays Athletic in the league on Wednesday.