Motorists encouraged to take advantage of relaxed parking enforcement this bank holiday
Relaxed parking restrictions are set to be trailed across Redbridge this bank holiday Monday.
Motorists will be able to park in the following areas:
Resident or shared use bays, e.g. dual use business permit and pay & display bays
Single yellow lines (except where kerb chevrons indicate that a loading ban is in operation or those that are operational on a Sunday)
Pay and display bays
You may also want to watch:
Business permit holder bays
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
The council will continue to enforce the following:
Double yellow lines
Single yellow lines that are operational on a Sunday
Where a loading ban is in operation (indicated by a single/double yellow line with adjacent kerb chevrons and a nearby sign stating the hours during which loading is not permitted)
Parking across a dropped footway
Car Club bays
Dedicated disabled permit holder bays
Electric vehicle charging bays
A proposal to make these arrangements permanent for all future Bank Holidays will be discussed at the council’s Policy and Resources Committee on September 2.
Cllr Baldesh Nijjar, cabinet member for the environment, said: “We know that residents and businesses care deeply about parking in the Borough and want more to be done to make it easier and less restrictive.
“We’ve listened and the proposals going to service committee represent a more relaxed approach to parking enforcement during Bank Holidays.
“We must also recognise that restrictions play a vital role in managing traffic and congestion so we need to keep a close eye on how these changes affect these.”
Visit www2.redbridge.gov.uk for more information