Motorcyclist suffers head injury in accident as Queen arrives for Barkingside visit
A motorcyclist is being treated for a head injury after an accident in Barkingside just as the Queen was arriving for a visit a stone’s throw away.
The man, reportedly in his 20s, was injured at just after 3pm in Mossford Lane.
A responder in a car, an ambulance crew, a duty officer and the Herts Air Ambulance were sent to the scene to treat the man.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and was escorted there by a member of the air ambulance crew.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the Herts Air Ambulance was called on because the London Air Ambulance was at an incident in Tower Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen and Duchess of Crownall arrived at nearby Barnardo’s,Tanners Lane, at 3pm to officially open the new headquarters of the children’s charity.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm