Motorcyclist suffers head injury in accident as Queen arrives for Barkingside visit
A motorcyclist is being treated for a head injury after an accident in Barkingside just as the Queen was arriving for a visit a stone’s throw away.
The man, reportedly in his 20s, was injured at just after 3pm in Mossford Lane.
A responder in a car, an ambulance crew, a duty officer and the Herts Air Ambulance were sent to the scene to treat the man.
He was taken to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and was escorted there by a member of the air ambulance crew.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said the Herts Air Ambulance was called on because the London Air Ambulance was at an incident in Tower Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen and Duchess of Crownall arrived at nearby Barnardo’s,Tanners Lane, at 3pm to officially open the new headquarters of the children’s charity.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford