Motorcyclist killed in Wanstead crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a car in Wanstead yesterday evening.
Police said the male rider, who has not yet been formally identified, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash near the junction of New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road at around 9.15pm.
The 66-year-old driver of the car, who stopped at the scene, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and bailed until October.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances, a single responder and duty officer attended.
She added: “Our staff treated a man, believed to be in his late 20s, who was in cardiac arrest.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.”
A post-mortem is due to take place tomorrow.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road were closed while emergency services were at the scene yesterday evening and buses were diverted.
A bunch of flowers left at the scene of the accident had a note inside it reading “RIP Shaz”.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the crash or has information to call the road death investigation unit on 0208 597 4874.
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.