Motorcyclist breaks both his legs after collision with car in Newbury Park this morning
A man is seriously hurt after breaking both his legs in a collision with a car this morning close to Newbury Park Tube station.
The 25-year-old motorcyclist has also suffered chest injuries after the accident at 9.05pm on the A12 Eastern Avenue.
Police says he is in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of a blue Ford Focus which came in to collision with the motorbike was not seriously hurt and did not need hospital treatment.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
The accident closed a stretch of the Eastern Avenue, restricting access to the Tube station and sparking log delays back to the Gants Hill roundabout.
The road reopened at just before 12.30pm.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 4 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
In January 2011 a father of two was killed and three people seriously injured in a multi-car accident on the same stretch of road outside Newbury Park station.
A further four accidents seriously injuring four people have been recorded there between September 2007 and August 2010.
• Did you see what happened today in Eastern Avenue? Email email@example.com.