Motorcyclist breaks both his legs after collision with car in Newbury Park this morning
A man is seriously hurt after breaking both his legs in a collision with a car this morning close to Newbury Park Tube station.
The 25-year-old motorcyclist has also suffered chest injuries after the accident at 9.05pm on the A12 Eastern Avenue.
Police says he is in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of a blue Ford Focus which came in to collision with the motorbike was not seriously hurt and did not need hospital treatment.
No arrests have been made.
You may also want to watch:
The accident closed a stretch of the Eastern Avenue, restricting access to the Tube station and sparking log delays back to the Gants Hill roundabout.
The road reopened at just before 12.30pm.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
In January 2011 a father of two was killed and three people seriously injured in a multi-car accident on the same stretch of road outside Newbury Park station.
A further four accidents seriously injuring four people have been recorded there between September 2007 and August 2010.
• Did you see what happened today in Eastern Avenue? Email email@example.com.