Mother tried to get Chadwell Heath gate changed after her son was also impaled
- Credit: Archant
A mother has said she tried to get a pedestrian walkway installed next to a spiked gate after her son needed extensive plastic surgery after his arm was caught on it.
Tracey Mascall, 43, of Putney Gardens, Chadwell Heath, said her son Jordan 15, had to be stood on crates while waiting for emergency services.
Mrs Mascall said she almost collapsed when she saw Josh Hassan, 12, who became stuck on the gate in Haywards Close, Chadwell Heath on Tuesday of last week.
“After it happened to Jordan we went back and forth trying to get pedestrian access,” she said. “They had to cut a flap of skin on his arm to get him off the gate which died so he had to have a skin graft.”
She said when she saw all the ambulances and police vehicles she thought another of her sons had been impaled by the gate.
You may also want to watch:
“I almost collapsed because I thought it was one of my boys. It brought back lots of memories for me.
I tried to get it sorted but no one took responsibility for it,” she added.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
“Two kids in 18 months have been injured. Something needs to be done.”