Most Redbridge petrol stations out of fuel
Petrol and diesel is hard to find in Redbridge this evening, with the majority of service stations out of fuel.
Drivers queuing outside the Esso petrol station in High Road, Seven Kings earlier today have used up all the petrol and diesel at the pumps.
The Shell station in Southend Road, Woodford Green ran out of petrol and diesel this afternoon with a delivery possible tomorrow, while the Shell in Ilford Lane, Ilford ran out of fuel yesterday.
The Esso in Green Lane, Ilford also ran out of fuel last night.
Oakhill Service Station in Woodford New Road, Woodford Green ran out of petrol and diesel this morning, with staff not expecting a delivery of fuel until Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Woodford Bridge Station in Chigwell Road, Woodford Green ran out of fuel this morning
A worker at Mayfield Self Serve in Green Lane, Goodmayes said it might run out of fuel soon, while she could not guarantee diesel beyond 8pm tonight.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 6 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
The BP petrol station in Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park has about 5,000ltrs of regular unleaded petrol left at the pumps.
It has about 7,000ltrs of its ultimate unleaded, which costs more.
A worker said there were no significant queues, with one car at each pump.
The Tesco in High Road, Goodmayes had a line of queuing cars earlier today.
Shoppers in the Tesco car park were pointing at the queue and counting up the number of cars. At one point, there were thirteen cars in line.
Shopkeepers and pedestrians nearby the station were watching the queues.
Michael Callaghan said: “I haven’t rushed out to buy petrol because if I don’t drive for the next month, I don’t mind, I can just get the bus.
“The petrol station next to my firm is closed because they’ve run out. There are queues everywhere.”
The Tesco petrol station had assigned an employee in a high visibility jacket to direct the cars into the garage because there were so many.
There were also traffic cones to streamline the flow of cars going in and out of the garage.
It is not clear if the petrol station still has fuel left at the pumps this evening.
• Have you been stuck in queues while waiting to fill up your vehicle? Are you having to drive long distances to find a petrol station with fuel? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 8477 3806, or tweet us @ilfordreorder.