Mo problem for Orient players as they raise more than £2,000
- Credit: Archant
Orient players raised £2,140 for their Movember efforts – but most of the moustaches have now gone.
David Mooney, Nathan Clarke, Scott Cuthbert, Shaun Batt, Jake Larkins and Jack Sherratt all grew moustaches to raise money for men’s health charities in November.
Chief executive Matt Porter has confirmed the club will add £1,860 to bring the total up to £4,000.
They were joined for a photo by O’s fan Stuart Minchin, who donated £1,000 for the cause.
Captain Nathan Clarke said: “We’re chuffed to bits with the total raised.
You may also want to watch:
“The fans have been superb with their support for us this season and this just underlines it.
“Thanks to everyone who donated, hopefully the money will make a difference.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
Jonathan Sim, communications manager for Movember, added: “The O’s fundraising feats for Movember have matched performances on the pitch this season.
“We’re thrilled that Leyton Orient are top of the table in League One and in our Football League network of supporters.”