Mo problem for Orient players as they raise more than £2,000
- Credit: Archant
Orient players raised £2,140 for their Movember efforts – but most of the moustaches have now gone.
David Mooney, Nathan Clarke, Scott Cuthbert, Shaun Batt, Jake Larkins and Jack Sherratt all grew moustaches to raise money for men’s health charities in November.
Chief executive Matt Porter has confirmed the club will add £1,860 to bring the total up to £4,000.
They were joined for a photo by O’s fan Stuart Minchin, who donated £1,000 for the cause.
Captain Nathan Clarke said: “We’re chuffed to bits with the total raised.
You may also want to watch:
“The fans have been superb with their support for us this season and this just underlines it.
“Thanks to everyone who donated, hopefully the money will make a difference.”
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Jonathan Sim, communications manager for Movember, added: “The O’s fundraising feats for Movember have matched performances on the pitch this season.
“We’re thrilled that Leyton Orient are top of the table in League One and in our Football League network of supporters.”