Miss Essex crowned by judges Teddy Sheringham and Chloe Sims in Chigwell
Chigwell crowned a new Miss Essex on Saturday night in front of stars of TV and football.
Amber Zakrzewski, 20, of Chingford, took the 2012 title at a pageant at TopGolf leisure centre, Abridge Road.
She will now compete in the Miss England finals after seeing off the competition of over 80 girls who entered in November.
The finalists wore eco-friendly clothes they designed themselves, a sporty outfit and an evening gown over three rounds.
Ms Zakrzewski said: ““I was so shocked when the judges called my name.”
You may also want to watch:
The Only Way Is Essex star Chloe Sims and former England and Manchester United footballer Teddy Sheringham were among the judges.
Chloe said: “The standard of girls was really high. “Amber shone out, though, and will make a great role model for Essex girls.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
“She will do Essex proud at the Miss England Finals and, after that, who knows.”
Winners of Miss England go on to compete in the Miss World final.