Miss Essex crowned by judges Teddy Sheringham and Chloe Sims in Chigwell
Chigwell crowned a new Miss Essex on Saturday night in front of stars of TV and football.
Amber Zakrzewski, 20, of Chingford, took the 2012 title at a pageant at TopGolf leisure centre, Abridge Road.
She will now compete in the Miss England finals after seeing off the competition of over 80 girls who entered in November.
The finalists wore eco-friendly clothes they designed themselves, a sporty outfit and an evening gown over three rounds.
Ms Zakrzewski said: ““I was so shocked when the judges called my name.”
You may also want to watch:
The Only Way Is Essex star Chloe Sims and former England and Manchester United footballer Teddy Sheringham were among the judges.
Chloe said: “The standard of girls was really high. “Amber shone out, though, and will make a great role model for Essex girls.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
“She will do Essex proud at the Miss England Finals and, after that, who knows.”
Winners of Miss England go on to compete in the Miss World final.