Minibus used to take children on trips stolen from Wanstead Youth Centre
A bus used to take disabled children and youth groups on trips has been stolen from Wanstead Youth Centre.
The white minibus disappeared from the centre car park, in Elmcroft Avenue, between 6.10pm and 6.30pm on Sunday.
Youth centre manager Gail McGuigan said nothing has been heard about its whereabouts.
She added: “It was used for young people taking them to events and picking them up from school.”
The centre organises activities for children aged between 13 to 19 and hires its facilities out to community groups.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for help to trace the missing van. It is a white Volkswagen minibus with London Borough of Redbridge written on both sides and a disabled ramp at the rear.
The registration number is LJ57 EGV.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
A police spokesman said two suspects walked into the car park before gaining entry to the minibus on Sunday.
They forced open the car park gate to drive away from the scene.
Suspect one is described as a man around six feet tall and wearing grey trousers.
The second suspect is described as a male wearing dark overalls.
Anyone with information is asked to call Ilford CID on 0208 345 2624.