Mickey Mouse a sight for sore eyes at Boots’ carnival day
- Credit: Archant
No, you don’t need your eyes testing – Mickey Mouse really is in an opticians in Barkingside High Street.
Staff at the Boots store held a carnival day on Saturday which included a band on stilts, a larger-than-life version of the Disney character and popcorn for customers.
The store, which traded under the Dollond & Aitchison franchise for more than 15 years, merged with Boots in November.
Owner Sonia Sondh explained: “It’s still the same place, it’s the same team.
“There are customers who have been coming for years who might think we’ve disappeared but we haven’t, they’re still getting looked after.”
You may also want to watch:
A raffle, which raised money for Great Ormond Street Hospital, included prizes donated by other High Street businesses such as Cake & Bakes and The Spa in Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre.
Sonia added: “It was a really good day and considering the weather, it didn’t stop anything. The band on stilts brought the road to a standstill.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London