Mayor to attend Hainault writers’ book launch
- Credit: Archant
Hainault Creative Writers’ Group will launch their seventh anthology on Thursday with mayor of Redbridge Cllr Felicity Banks and several other councillors in attendance.
The event celebrates the launch of the book entitled Kaleidoscope which contains short stories and poems written by members of the group.
The Hainault Writers’ Group was formed in 1986 and encourages people to record their life stories and experiences.
Maureen O’Sullivan, who helps to organise the group, said: “Ordinary people often have extraordinary stories to tell of the things they have experienced in their own lifetimes. If they don’t write them down the stories are lost forever and we are all the poorer!”
The event takes place on Thursday April 24 at Hainault Library, Manford Way, from 6pm - 8pm with copies of the book available to buy.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or if you are interested in joining the group call chairman Arthur Salton on 0208 501 0258
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 7 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor