Mayor of Redbridge gets messy at Gants Hill church
The Mayor of Redbridge got messy at a special family activity session on Saturday, by helping youngsters to make a collage.
Cllr Muhammed Javed was at Ashurst Drive Baptist Church, Ashurst Drive, Gants Hill on Saturday for their monthly Messy Club, which encourages families to get creative together.
Visitors got stuck into cake decorating and calendar making whilst also having a sing along later in the afternoon.
Senor minister at the church, Richard Owen, said: “We wanted to offer a safe place for families to get involved in arts and crafts, and having a good time, without having to worry about getting mess anywhere.
“So far the feedback has been very good.”
You may also want to watch:
The Messy Club runs on the first Saturday of every month from 4-6pm.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 4 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?