Mayor of Redbridge gets messy at Gants Hill church
The Mayor of Redbridge got messy at a special family activity session on Saturday, by helping youngsters to make a collage.
Cllr Muhammed Javed was at Ashurst Drive Baptist Church, Ashurst Drive, Gants Hill on Saturday for their monthly Messy Club, which encourages families to get creative together.
Visitors got stuck into cake decorating and calendar making whilst also having a sing along later in the afternoon.
Senor minister at the church, Richard Owen, said: “We wanted to offer a safe place for families to get involved in arts and crafts, and having a good time, without having to worry about getting mess anywhere.
“So far the feedback has been very good.”
You may also want to watch:
The Messy Club runs on the first Saturday of every month from 4-6pm.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour