Mayor joins sponsored walk for Goodmayes Hospital radio
The Mayor and Mayoress of Redbridge joined radio presenters and volunteers for a sponsored walk around Goodmayes Hospital on Sunday.
The walk raised funds for hospital radio station The Jumbo Sound, which relies on donations for running costs.
The route around King George’s Hospital and Goodmayes Hospital, known as the Goodmayes mile, was walked five times in under one hour and 15 minutes.
Walker and radio show presenter Philip Lester said: “The weather was perfect, it was fine and not too warm.
“The donations are still coming in but I think we’ve made roughly between �750 and �1,000.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jumbo Sound is broadcast online at www.thejumbosound.com, where donations can still be made for the walk.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 5 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'