Mayor joins sponsored walk for Goodmayes Hospital radio
The Mayor and Mayoress of Redbridge joined radio presenters and volunteers for a sponsored walk around Goodmayes Hospital on Sunday.
The walk raised funds for hospital radio station The Jumbo Sound, which relies on donations for running costs.
The route around King George’s Hospital and Goodmayes Hospital, known as the Goodmayes mile, was walked five times in under one hour and 15 minutes.
Walker and radio show presenter Philip Lester said: “The weather was perfect, it was fine and not too warm.
“The donations are still coming in but I think we’ve made roughly between �750 and �1,000.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jumbo Sound is broadcast online at www.thejumbosound.com, where donations can still be made for the walk.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 5 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 8 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 9 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole