Mayor joins sponsored walk for Goodmayes Hospital radio
The Mayor and Mayoress of Redbridge joined radio presenters and volunteers for a sponsored walk around Goodmayes Hospital on Sunday.
The walk raised funds for hospital radio station The Jumbo Sound, which relies on donations for running costs.
The route around King George’s Hospital and Goodmayes Hospital, known as the Goodmayes mile, was walked five times in under one hour and 15 minutes.
Walker and radio show presenter Philip Lester said: “The weather was perfect, it was fine and not too warm.
“The donations are still coming in but I think we’ve made roughly between �750 and �1,000.”
You may also want to watch:
The Jumbo Sound is broadcast online at www.thejumbosound.com, where donations can still be made for the walk.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space