Search

Mattress set on fire in front garden of house in Howard Road, Ilford

PUBLISHED: 07:42 19 September 2013 | UPDATED: 07:42 19 September 2013

Police called firefighters in the early hours of this morning after a mattress was set on fire in the front garden of a house in Howard Road, Ilford.

Firefighters were called at about 2am and sent two fire engines to the scene.

A fire brigade spokesman said: “The mattress in the front garden had been set alight. The police asked for our attendance but it had almost burnt itself out when we arrived.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder