Masonic Lodge donates more than £3,000 to Woodford Green hospice to provide 24 hours of care for sick children
- Credit: Archant
A hospice has received a donation of more than £3,000 to go towards caring for children with life-limiting illnesses.
Haven House Children’s Hospice has been given £3,835 from Almaston Lodge, a Masonic Lodge in Essex, under its Pay for a Day programme.
Pay for a Day sees fundraisers award the sum, either upfront or after raising it through events, to the hospice to provide 24 hours of care and fun to the children it looks after.
John Rowland, from Harlow-based Almaston Lodge, said: “We have always worked hard to raise money for a variety of charities but in the last two years we have focused on the needs of children.
“We could think of nowhere better to support than Haven House and we were absolutely delighted to find we had enough in the kitty to ‘Pay for a Day’.”
You may also want to watch:
Haven House’s chief executive, Mike Palfreman, said: “Pay for a Day is proving to be a very successful fundraising tool for the hospice and a very tangible way for local businesses and community groups to make a positive difference to local life-limited children and their families.
“We’re hugely grateful to Almaston Lodge for their donation.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
For more information on the scheme, call Kate Rosenthal on 020 8505 9944.