Mark Wright found not guilty after Woodford Green bar scuffle
Reality TV personality Mark Wright has today been found not guilty of using threatening behaviour towards a man outside a nightclub.
Mr Wright told police he “saw red” after hearing Tom Grantham, 21, say he was going to throw a brick through the window of Deuces Bar and Lounge, Chigwell Road, Woodford Green.
Redbridge Magistrates’ Court heard a tussle ensued but Mr Wright, who appears on the ITV2 series The Only Way Is Essex, claimed he only wanted to protect himself.
The 24-year-old held his head in his hands as he was cleared and appeared close to tears.
The decision, read out by magistrate Glen Pierre, was applauded by members of his family sitting in the public gallery.
You may also want to watch:
After he was released from the dock, Mr Wright embraced his grandfather in the courtroom.
His solicitor said outside court that the television star was “overwhelmed”.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Yesterday, Mr Wright’s friend Jack Tweed and his brother Lewis admitted common assault in relation to an attack on Mr Grantham on January 3.
They will be sentenced on August 16 at the same court.