Marbella nightspot’s arrival in Woodford Green divides opinion
- Credit: Archant
The arrival of a Marbella nightspot offering food and entertainment in Woodford Green has divided opinion among neighbours.
La Sala, a restaurant offering food and live entertainment, will open in Chigwell Road in September.
Some neighbours have said they will be pleased to see the former White Hart Pub back in use. Others have expressed concerns that if La Sala’s wish for a 2am licence is granted it will bring noise and anti social behaviour to the area.
Commenting on the Recorder’s website, Mail Man said La Sala would destroy the local area and should be opened in a commercial rather than a residential area.
Responding to the same story R Slicker said: “Came past there today, the building is falling down and an eyesore. I’m glad its going to be re opened.”
You may also want to watch:
Another concerned neighbour contacted the Recorder. She said it would be nice to see a restaurant in the building but that the late opening hours, outdoor area and live entertainment had created fears of noise and disruption in Woodford Green.
La Sala held an open event last week to address concerns and tell people about the venture.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
A spokesman for the company said that between 30-35 people attended, with the majority of feedback being positive.
She said: “We got a really positive response.
“People raised concerns it was going to be more of a night club but we were able to discuss that. It’s not a night club it’s far from it, we were able to reassure them.”
Councillor Paul Canal, leader of Redbridge Council’s Conservative Party has previously described La Sala’s move to the area as completely inappropriate and called on concerned residents to contact him.