Man used kitchen knife to slice off his hand in Seven Kings
A man used a kitchen knife to slice off his hand before it fell off in front of stunned onlookers, police have said.
The 23-year-old emerged from a public toilet in front of the High Road Seven Kings Car Park at about 3pm on Saturday with his right hand dangling from his wrist.
He then walked about 50 yards before sitting down.
As he walked, his hand fully detached itself from his wrist and fell into his jacket pocket, according to an eyewitness.
The man was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, where his injuries have been described as “life changing”.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known why the man hacked off his own hand.
Gurpreet Sagoo, who had parked in the car park when the incident happened, said: “When I got to him he had lost a lot of blood and he was very pale.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
“I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I had no clue what to do. It looked pretty bad.”
Another eyewitness said: “There was so much blood on the floor. It was horrific.”
An air ambulance landed in the car park but the man was taken to hospital by road ambulance.