Man used kitchen knife to slice off his hand in Seven Kings
A man used a kitchen knife to slice off his hand before it fell off in front of stunned onlookers, police have said.
The 23-year-old emerged from a public toilet in front of the High Road Seven Kings Car Park at about 3pm on Saturday with his right hand dangling from his wrist.
He then walked about 50 yards before sitting down.
As he walked, his hand fully detached itself from his wrist and fell into his jacket pocket, according to an eyewitness.
The man was taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, where his injuries have been described as “life changing”.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known why the man hacked off his own hand.
Gurpreet Sagoo, who had parked in the car park when the incident happened, said: “When I got to him he had lost a lot of blood and he was very pale.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
“I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I had no clue what to do. It looked pretty bad.”
Another eyewitness said: “There was so much blood on the floor. It was horrific.”
An air ambulance landed in the car park but the man was taken to hospital by road ambulance.