Man ‘trespassing’ on tracks near Goodmayes station arrested over burglary
A man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after being found trespassing on tracks near Goodmayes station.
A police helicopter was scrambled and helped direct officers to where the man was.
Trains travelling towards Goodmayes station, in Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, were running at slow speeds while the trespasser was located.
He was detained by police at around 1pm.
Some trains have been delayed by up to 30 minutes as Greater Anglia tries to get its services back on schedule.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the alleged burglary are not known at this stage.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'