Man ‘trespassing’ on tracks near Goodmayes station arrested over burglary
A man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after being found trespassing on tracks near Goodmayes station.
A police helicopter was scrambled and helped direct officers to where the man was.
Trains travelling towards Goodmayes station, in Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, were running at slow speeds while the trespasser was located.
He was detained by police at around 1pm.
Some trains have been delayed by up to 30 minutes as Greater Anglia tries to get its services back on schedule.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the alleged burglary are not known at this stage.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder